Thursday, October 22, 2009

Music Update

So I told you guys I'd get back to you when I had some time to listen to the new Pretty Lights and Ronald Jenkees albums (if you don't know what im talking about look at the post prior to this one), so here is what I thought: 

As expected the new Pretty Lights album as great, pick it up for free at prettylightsmusic.com (and if you don't have the older album get those while you're at it, they are incredible as well) and try to get some tickets to see him on his tour (coming to 9:30 club in DC on November 18th), should be sick.  In his live shows he has a drummer come and play with him which really adds a lot of energy to the show. But what makes this album great is its diversity.  Whether your in a chill mood, doing homework, cruisin in the car, at the gym or really pumped up this album is the perfect album to listen to.  It's chill enough to be able to concentrate and do homework with it in the background, but if your in a good mood and want something with energy it has that too.  The entire album is great and so far I really love "Keep Em Bouncin", "Short Cut/Detour" and "Fly Away Another Day."  Definitely pick up this album now and try to catch his tour.

The Ronald Jenkees album I haven't gotten completely through yet but its pretty good. I was a little disappointed because not all of the songs had the energy of "Throwing Fire" but they are definitely good and the album is certainly worth picking up.  Its similar to Pretty Lights in that you can listen to it in several different settings and has upbeat and chill songs but listening to "Throwing Fire" first brought my expectations up significantly for this album and as a result I was slightly disappointed in an overall good album.

No comments: